2 cups (220 gr.) all purpose flour
1/4 cup (30 gr.) amaranth flour (or all purpose)
1/3 cup soft butter (or a mix with coconut oil)
2 tsp. granulated yeast dissolved in 1/2 cup of warm milk
1/4 cup honey
a pinch of salt
grated rind of one organic lemon
for glaze: juice of 1/2 grapefruit mixed with 2 tbsp. honey
OPTIONAL: whipped cream and fresh berries
1. Mix the flour together with the milk/yeast mixture in a large bow (dough hooks on mixer handy here).
2. Mix in the eggs one at a time and continue “kneading” with dough hooks for a couple of minutes.
3. Set the mixture aside to rise in a warm spot for about an hour (mixture will be sticky and slightly elastic).
4. Punch down dough and incorporate the softened butter and grated rind, kneading thoroughly.
5. Mix in the salt and honey and continue to knead until the dough starts to leave the sides of the bowl.
6. Place the dough into a buttered and floured Savarin pan (with a hole in the middle) or a bundt pan.
7. Cover with a cloth and let rise until doubled (about 1 – 1 1/2 hrs.).
8. Bake in a preheated 375deg. F (180deg. C) oven for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.
9. Remove from oven and leave in pan 10 minutes before turning out. Brush with glaze while warm. Cool and serve with extra glaze if desired. Good with whipped cream and fresh berries.