2 cups (250 gr.) flour (preferably semi or whole wheat)
1 1/2 lb. (650 gr.) thinly sliced or chopped unpeeled apples (about 4 medium)
1/2 cup (100 gr.) roughly chopped almonds plus a handful of sliced ones for topping
1 1/2 cups (250 gr.) plain yogurt
3/4 cup sugar (or 1/2 cup honey)
1 tbsp. cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
4 tbsp. mild extra virgin olive oil
1. Mix the prepared apples with the cinnamon. Set aside.
2. Mix the rest of the ingredients in a large bowl and beat briefly.
3. Mix in the prepared apples.
4. Pour into a parchment paper lined and oiled baking pan(s). Sprinkle over the sliced almonds.
5. Bake in a preheated 375deg F (180deg C) oven for about 45 minutes or until the cake tests done.
6. Cool and dust with powdered sugar if desired.