INGREDIENTS (6-8 brownie hearts – 3-4 sandwiched)
5 oz. (150 gr.) dark chocolate broken into pieces
125 gr. steamed beetroot (1 medium) finely shredded
2 large eggs separated
70 gr. (slightly less than 1/2 cup) coconut sugar
60 gr. (1cup) finely ground almonds
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
1 cup whipping cream (or fat free topping) sweetened with powdered sugar
1 cup raspberries
1. Melt the chocolate in a double boiler over hot water. Set aside.
2. Place the peeled and finely shredded beetroot into a large bowl.
3. Add the two egg yolks to the bowl with the beetroot and mix together.
4. Stir in the almond flour, baking powder, cocoa, vanilla and melted chocolate.
5. Beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form. Fold them into the above batter.
6. Spread the batter into a greased, wax paper lined rectangular baking tin.
7. Bake for 20-25 minutes in a preheated 180degC (350deg F) oven.
8. When done (test with a toothpick) leave in pan to cool for 15 min.
9. When completely cooled cut out heart shapes with a cookie cutter.
Sandwich two hearts together with sweetened whipped cream and raspberries. Pipe more whipped cream over the top and add a raspberry.