One ready made roll of whole wheat flaky pastry
1/2 cup fresh ricotta
1/2 cup soya cream
4 cups (raw) chopped kale (or Italian black cabbage)
1 medium sliced leek (white part)
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
salt and pepper to taste
1. Unroll the ready made pastry and place in a pie pan. Brush bottom with 1 tsp. olive oil.
2 Preheat oven to 375deg F (190deg C).
3. Briefly sauté the leek in 2 tbsp. olive oil. Add the kale and continue cooking over low heat.*
4. When kale is wilted and tender (only 10-15 min.) Salt and pepper and set aside.
5. Beat the eggs together with the ricotta and parmesan cheeses. Add a pinch of salt and pepper.
6. Mix the cooked kale mixture into the cheese mixture. Pour into the pan lined with the pastry.
7. Fold the overhanging edge of the pastry over the filling while pinching it together at even intervals.
8. Bake in the preheated oven for 25-35 minutes until golden and a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.
9. Serve warm or even cold.
* If the kale sticks to the pan while cooking you can add a tablespoon or two of water that should evaporate.