- 1 – 14 oz. (400 gr.) can of fat-free or regular sweetened condensed milk
- 1 – 8 oz. (250 gr.) pkg. of light or regular cream cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice (3 – 4 small limes)
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- grated lime zest
- Crust: 1 – 1/2 cups crushed cookies (graham crackers are good)
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- Beat the condensed milk with the cream cheese.
- Beat in the rest of the ingredients except crust ingredients.
- Pour into the prepared crust (mix crust ingredients and press into and around sides of pie pan. Bake 10 min. at 350 deg. (180 deg. C.) Cool.
- Chill in the freezer for at least 2 hrs.
Decorate if desired with fresh strawberries and/or thinly sliced lime.
Optional: an egg yolk can be beaten into the filling for a richer version.