INGREDIENTS (for four 7 1/2″ – 18 cm. piadine)
2 cups (230 gr. flour ) (all-purpose, wholewheat or 1/2 wholewheat)
1/4 cup butter (60 gr.), lard*, olive oil or a combination
pinch of salt
1/2 cup tepid combination of milk and water (or veg. milk)
*lard is traditional (I used half butter/olive oil)
1. Combine flour and salt.
2. Rub in the fat(s).
3. Gradually mix in the liquid to form a ball of dough.
4. Lightly press together and cover cover with cling film.
5. Set aside for 1/2 hr.
6. Cut into 4 parts. Roll each into a ball. Let rest 10 minutes, covered.
7. Roll each ball with a rolling pin into a thin circle. Prick with a fork.
8. Cook each piadina on a heavy ungreased skillet for 2-3 min. each side.
9. Press down lightly with a spatula while cooking over medium heat. Remove to cool.
Fill as desired.
For softer piadine cover the stack with a clean tea towel.
Ham, cheese, cooked greens such as spinach or a combination.