4 ounces dark semisweet chocolate, melted
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup + 2 tbsp. coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
2 tsp. dried lavender flowers*
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 cup flour
pinch of salt
1 tsp. baking powder + 1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 cup almond milk
optional:1/2 cup chocolate chips
*process sugar and lavender in to a powder with a food processor
1. Line an 8 x 8″ baking pan with lightly greased parchment paper.
2. Melt the chopped chocolate over hot water. Set aside.
3. Mix the olive oil into the melted chocolate until smooth.
4. Beat the eggs and sugar (pulverised together with lavender) until fluffy.
5. Mix in the chocolate mixture.
6. Fold in the flour sifted with the leavening and salt alternately with the veg. milk.
7. Transfer the batter into the prepared pan. Smooth the top until even.
8. Bake 25 minutes in a 170deg C (350deg F) oven. Cool and serve with desired topping.
These brownies can be dusted with powdered sugar, topped with melted chocolate or with a dollop of sweetened whipping cream (here I added a pinch of lavender sugar and a couple of teaspoons of blueberry juice to enhance the color).