250 gr. all purpose flour
80 gr. coconut sugar (or regular)
3 large eggs separated
70 gr. honey
90 ml. vegetable oil (or part soft butter)
125 gr. white unsweetened yogurt
grated rind and juice of 1 organic lemon
2 cm. piece of freshly grated ginger
slightly less than 1 16 gr. envelope of baking powder
a pinch of salt
powdered sugar for dusting if desired
1. Beat together the oil, honey and sugar in a large bowl.
2. Beat in the egg yolks until fluffy. Set aside.
2. Sift the flour with the baking powder and salt. Whisk in the grated lemon and ginger.
3. Mix the above dry ingredients into the wet ingredients alternating with the yogurt.
4. Beat the egg whites until stiff. Fold them into the above prepared batter.
5. Fill medium paper lined cupcake tins almost to the top with the batter.
6. Bake in a 180deg C (370deg F) oven for 15-20 minutes or until golden.*
*Due to the honey in this recipe these cupcakes will result slightly more browned.