INGREDIENTS (crust) for 1 small 8 inch (20 cm) cake
1 and 1/2 cups crushed rusks (fette biscotate)
1/4 cup melted butter
1/4 cup coconut sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
handful of chopped walnuts
1 and 1/2 cups ricotta
1/2 cup sour cream (or Greek yogurt)
1/2 cup powdered sugar (plus 2 tbsp. for sweeter filling)
1/4 cup whipping cream
1 tbsp. flour
grated rind of one organic lemon
2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
2-3 tbsp. chia seeds
1. Crush the rusks and place all the crust ingredients except sugar and butter into a food processor.
2. Grind to a fine meal. Stir in sugar and melted butter.
3. Line the bottom of an 8 inch (20 cm) springform pan (with removable edge) with wax paper.
4. Press the prepared crust mixture on the bottom and partially around the sides of the pan. Set aside.
5. For the filling beat all the ingredients together (except chia seeds) until smooth. Then fold in the seeds.
6. Pour the mixture into the crust lined pan and bake for 45-50 minutes in a 180deg C (370deg F) preheated oven.
7. When cheesecake is slightly firm on top and lightly golden, turn off the heat and leave in the oven for 1/2 hr.
8. Remove from oven and cool on a cooling rack. Carefully run a knife around the edge and remove the rim.
9. Best chilled before slicing. Decorate if desired with a slice of lemon. Keep refrigerated.