1 1/2 cups fresh ricotta
1 cup flour (half whole wheat or spelt – flour used by the Romans)
1 small egg
1/4 tsp. salt
16-18 fresh bay leaves (brushed with olive oil)
optional: 1-2 tbsp. grated parmigiano cheese
1. Mix all ingredients together.
2. Form small golf ball sized buns, flatten slightly.
3. Place each bun on the oiled fresh bay leaves in a baking pan.
4. Bake in a preheated 350deg F (180deg C) oven for about 20 minutes or until golden.
5. Serve straight from the oven or cooled later. Delicious as a snack or in place of bread.
Note: The bay leaves will leave a wonderful and characteristic aroma in your kitchen.