1 cup mashed bananas (about 3 medium very ripe)
1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
1/3 cup coconut oil, soft butter or a combination
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 cup whole wheat flour + 3/4 cup all purpose flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 cup hot water
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (or 1/4 cup chia seeds)
1. Beat eggs until fluffy and light. Continue beating while adding the maple syrup and honey.
2. Mix in the bananas mashed with 1 tbsp. lemon juice and vanilla.
3. Sift together the dry ingredients and add them alternately with the hot water.
4. Fold in the chopped walnuts.
5. Pour the mixture into a wax paper lined and greased loaf pan.
6. Bake in a preheated 325deg F (160deg C) oven for about 50-60 minutes until firm and golden.
7. Cool in pan for ten minutes and then turn out onto a cooling rack and let cool completely.
8. Slice and serve plain or with a fruity cream sauce (recipe below)
1/2 cup (3 1/2 oz.) fluffy cream cheese like “robbiolina”
1/2 cup fresh raspberries
3-4 tbsp. powdered sugar
Blend all ingredients in a blender until smooth. Serve over slices of maple nut banana loaf.