2/3 cup butter (or 1/2 cup butter + 1/4 cup coconut oil)
1 cup powdered sugar
2 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp matcha tea powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp vanilla (or almond) extract
1. Beat softened room temperature butter together with the powdered sugar until fluffy.
2. Beat in the egg and flavorings.
3. Whisk (or sift) together the flour, matcha tea powder, salt and baking powder.
4. While mixing (by hand or low setting on mixer), add the above flour mixture until it’s completely absorbed. Don’t over mix.
5. At this point the dough can be stored for a few hours in a cool place. (not fridge!).
6. Preheat the oven to 375 deg F (180 deg C). Line baking sheet with wax paper or use a teflon pan.
7. Fill cookie gun by rolling a portion (about half) into a cylinder and slipping it into the press. Here I used a leaf shape.
8. Position the cookie gun on the pan and press (hold 5 seconds) then remove and continue until all the dough is finished.
9. Bake the cookies about 8 minutes. They should remain green with the edges barely golden. After 5 minutes remove them to a cooling rack. Store them in a tightly covered tin.
Option: Don’t have a cookie gun? Roll them into small balls and flatten them slightly with the bottom of a glass. Proceed as usual.