2 eggs (room temperature)
100 gr coconut sugar (or regular)
50 gr flour
50 gr cornstarch
3 gr baking powder (about a tsp)
1 1/2 tsp. matcha tea powder
pinch of salt
50 gr melted butter
50 gr coconut oil (or olive oil)
1. Whip eggs together with sugar until light and fluffy.
2. Gently fold in dry ingredients (sifted together).
3. Gently incorporate the butter until well blended.
4. Chill batter in the fridge for 2-3 hrs.
5. Fill well buttered madeleine moulds with about a tablespoonful of batter.
6. Bake in a 190deg C (400deg F) oven for about 10-12 min. or until golden.
7. Remove from oven when done and leave in moulds a couple of minutes before unmolding.
8. Cool on a wire rack before serving.
NOTE: These little pastries (minus the matcha tea) originated in Commercy (Lorena) France.