1 or 2 small chopped onions (red have more antioxidants) or leeks
1 garlic clove
2 tbsp. olive oil
2 cups partially cooked ( from 1 cup dry) beans, or fresh beans
2 celery stalks, chopped
2 sliced or cubed carrots
1 cup cubed pumpkin (optional)
1 chopped zucchini
1 medium potato cubed
1/2 cup chopped tomato
a wedge of chopped cabbage or kale, beet greens or a combination (the more the better!)
1/4 cup chopped parsley
7 cups (1 3/4 litres) vegetable broth (from bullion cube ok)
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
OPTIONAL: grated parmesan cheese, tiny quail eggs, rice, small pasta.
1. Briefly saute’ the onion, celery and garlic in the oil.
2. Add the chopped tomato and continue to saute’ for a couple of minutes.
3. Pour the hot broth over all and then the rest of the vegetables except parsley.
4. Cook covered for about 45 minutes (30 min. in pressure cooker).
5. Add chopped parsley when done.
6. Serve with optional halved quail eggs or/and rice or pasta if desired.