INGREDIENTS for crust
1/4 cup (40 gr.) all purpose flour
2 tbsp. (20 gr.) rice flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
3/4 cup (60 gr.) almond meal (ground almonds)
1/4 cup cream
2 tbsp. soft butter
1/4 cup (80 gr.) sugar
grated rind of 1 organic lemon
1/2 cup each blueberries and raspberries
optional: 1 apricot halved and pitted* (see tip below)
INGREDIENTS for cheesecake filling
1 cup whipping cream
1/2 cup soft fresh cream cheese (such as robiola)
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 tsp. cornstarch
1. Whisk together the flours and baking powder. Set aside.
2. Beat the butter with the sugar. Beat in eggs one at a time until fluffy.
3. Mix in the almond meal and grated rind.
4. Mix in the flour alternating with the cream – until mixture is smooth.
5. Distribute the batter into 5 greased and floured non-stick tart pans (as shown below).
9 cm. (4 inch) diameter tart pans
6. Place prepared cheesecake bases on a cookie sheet.
7. Bake in a 180deg C (370deg F) preheated oven for 20-25 minutes until done.
8. Let them cool 5 minutes. Gently remove from pans and let cool completely.
To prepare cheesecake filling: Beat cream with half the powdered sugar (that has been sifted together with the cornstarch). Set aside. Then beat the cream cheese with the rest of the powdered sugar/cornstarch mixture. Combine the whipped cream with the cream cheese until smooth and fluffy.
TO ASSEMBLE: Carefully scrape out part of the centers of the bases to make more room for the filling being careful not to puncture the bottom (or leave them whole and use less filling). Place the filling into a pastry bag and pipe the mixture into the centre of each cheesecake base. Arrange the berries on top as you wish.
*TIP: If you wish you can place half of an apricot (cut side up) into the tart pan before filling with batter. When ready to serve you can pipe some of the filling around the visible part of the apricot.