1. Beat butter, sugar and rind until fluffy (about 10 min)
2. Beat in eggs.
3. Mix in salt and flour by hand.
4. Transfer mixture into a pastry bag (or cookie press).
5. Squeeze dough into pie tins in a circular motion.
6. Press dough with hands until even and up the sides.
7. Crimp edges and place in fridge for an hour to firm up.
8. Bake at 180 deg. C (370 deg F) for 10-15 minutes until golden.
9. Let cool 10 minutes and remove from pans. Fill with filling when cold.
Pumpkin stovetop filling
Mix together in a double boiler and cook until thick:
1 cup pumpkin puree’
1 cup cream
1/3 cup coconut (or brown) sugar
3 tbsp. honey
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. powdered ginger
pinch of powdered cloves (optional)
2 slightly beaten eggs
To assemble mini pies:
Fill mini pie crusts with cooled filling. Chill and decorate if desired.