3 tbsp. olive oil (or coconut oil)
3/4 cup pureed cooked pumpkin pulp
1/3 cup agave syrup (or 1/2 cup honey)
2 tbsp. brown sugar
1 cup stone ground whole wheat flour (I used Tumminia – an ancient Sicilian flour)
1/2 cup all purpose unbleached flour
1/4 cup plain yogurt
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1/4 tsp. salt
Additions and toppings: flaked almonds or chopped hazelnuts, 2 tbsp. flax seeds
1. Whisk together all the dry ingredients except toppings and seeds.
2. Whip the two eggs with the brown sugar until fluffy and light.
3. Blend the pumpkin puree, agave syrup and yogurt together until smooth.
4. Gently mix the above pumpkin mixture into the fluffy egg mixture. Don’t over mix.
5. Mix in the dry ingredient mixture until blended without beating. Fold in the flax seeds.
6. Pour the batter into one regular greased and floured non-stick loaf pan (or 3 mini loaf pans).
7. Top with desired toppings and bake in a preheated 180deg F (375deg C) oven for 20-30 minutes
depending on the size of the pans. Tops should be firm. Test with a toothpick.