300 gr. (3/4 lb.) sliced fresh mushrooms (here I used mixed)
3-4 tbsp. olive oil
1/4 to 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
1/4 cup finely chopped carrots
pinch of salt and pepper
2 tbsp. all purpose flour
1 cup broth (bouillon or miso good)
1/2 cup (100 ml) cream
2 tbsp. chopped parsley
OPTIONAL: 1/4 cup finely diced lean bacon
1. Sauté chopped onion in the olive oil until barely soft. (Add the optional diced bacon if desired)
2. Add the mushrooms and carrots and continue sautéing until mushrooms are soft (about 5 minutes).
3. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Sprinkle the flour over the mushrooms and mix well.
5. Gradually add the hot broth mixing constantly until smooth. Simmer for a couple of minutes.
6. Mix in the cream and cook for a couple minutes more.
7. Remove from heat and stir in the finely chopped fresh parsley and serve.