INGREDIENTS (four servings)
1 medium scallion sliced
1 clove garlic
3 medium carrots cut into small cubes
1 large orange sweet potato cut into medium dice
4 cups (300 gr.) mixed mushrooms sliced not too thinly
1/2 cup dark or light beer
2 cups canned cherry tomatoes crushed
thyme – fresh or dried
a pinch of red pepper flakes
1 tbsp. soy sauce
1. Gently fry the scallions and garlic in olive oil in a large pan.
2. Add the chopped carrots and sweet potato and continue frying for about 10 minutes.
3. When vegetables are slightly tender add the mushrooms and continue cooking.
4. When mushrooms have begun to soften add the rest of the ingredients.
5. If desired add cubed and fried tofu at this point.*
5. Stir well and continue simmering for about 15 minutes until the liquid is reduced.
6. Serve hot with rice and a green salad.
*The tofu is best marinated before in a mixture of oil, soy sauce, crushed garlic and ginger root.