2 cups raw black rice
4 tbsp. olive oil
1 cup cooked fresh or frozen peas
1 medium chopped onion
1 cup cooked fresh shrimp
1 crushed clove garlic
1 tsp. hot sauce (optional)
1 tsp. ginger
1 tsp. salt
2 leeks cut into rings
pinch of red pepper
1 tbsp. soy sauce
2 tbsp. chopped parsley
a few sliced cherry tomatoes
4 sliced gherkins
1. Cook the rice in salted water about 30 minutes or until done. Cool and set aside.
2. Heat the oil in a heavy saucepan and sauté the onion and garlic, salt and spices for 5 minutes.
3. Add leeks and sauté for another two minutes. Mix in the rice and heat through.
4. Add the remaining ingredients except eggs, tomatoes and pickles and heat through.
5. In the meantime prepare a two egg omelette and cut into long strips.
6. Place the prepared rice mixture on a warm platter and decorate the top with the omelette strips.
7. Arrange the cherry tomatoes and gherkins all around the edge.