2 tubs of plain Greek yogurt (170 gr. each)
1/2 cup minus 1 tbsp. cornstarch
1/2 cup minus 1 tbsp. (80 gr.) sugar (fine light brown cane sugar good)
4 medium eggs
pinch of salt
grated rind of one organic orange
e few drops of vanilla or rum essence
crust: 1/2 cup crushed amaretti cookies
1. Separate the eggs into two bowls. Beat the whites with the salt to firm peaks. Set aside.
2. Beat the yolks in the other bowl together with the sugar until fluffy and lemon colored.
3. Beat in the grated orange rind.
4. On low speed mix in the yogurt, then gradually sift over the cornstarch until well incorporated into mixture.
5. Lastly carefully fold in the beaten egg whites with an over /under motion.
6. Pour cheesecake mixture into a buttered, wax paper lined cake pan that has been sprinkled with the crushed cookies.
7. Place pan into a heated larger pan filled halfway to the edge of the cheesecake pan with hot water.
8. Bake in a 170deg C (350deg F) preheated oven for 1 hr. without opening the oven door.
9. Turn off the heat and leave cake in the oven for 1/2 hr. with the oven door closed. Then remove to a cooling rack and cool completely before chilling in the fridge. Remove from pan and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Tip: Good served with fresh berries.