1 cup rolled oats
3/4 cup milk (or almond milk)
1 large egg
3 tbsp. melted butter (or half butter/half olive oil)
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1-2 cups mulberries (or other berries, or a mix)
2-4 tbsp. water
1-2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
2-4 tbsp. honey
1-2 tsp. cornstarch (as thickener)
Mix all sauce ingredients together (except cornstarch) in a small saucepan. Bring mixture to a boil and gently simmer for a couple of minutes. Sift the cornstarch over and continue cooking until thickened. Cool slightly and serve over the pancakes.
PROCEDURE for pancakes
1. Blend oats to a flour in a food processor (or buy oat flour)
2. Whisk oat flour together with salt, baking soda and baking powder.
3. Beat milk, egg and butter together.
4. Blend together the dry and liquid mixtures until smooth. Let mixture rest 10 min.
5. Fry about 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake on a lightly oiled pan.
6. When bubbles appear around the edges flip over to other side and finish frying (about 1-2 minutes).
7. Serve pancakes plain, with maple syrup or with mulberry sauce if desired.