1 1/3 cup rolled oats (oatmeal)
1/3 cup flour (I used part finely ground oat flour)
1/4 cup chia seeds
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. cinnamon a few drops vanilla essence
1/3 cup soft butter (slightly less)
1/2 cup brown or coconut sugar (+ 2 tbsp. maple syrup for a sweeter cookie)
1/3 cup raisins, chocolate chips and/or chopped walnuts (if desired)
1. whisk together dry ingredients (except oats). Set aside.
2. Cream butter and sugar.
3. Beat in egg.
4. Quickly beat in the dry (flour) mixture.
5. Mix in the oatmeal, nuts, seeds and optional ingredients if desired.
6. Form teaspoon sized balls. Flatten slightly and place them on a parchment lined baking sheet.
7. Bake cookies in a 350deg F (180deg C) preheated oven for 12-14 minutes.
8. Place baked cookies on a cooling rack. Store in a tightly covered container.