100 gr. (1/2 cup) butter
100 gr. (1/2 cup) sugar
50 gr. (1/4 cup) brown sugar
3 tbsp. honey
400 gr. (3 and 1/2 cups) muesli not toasted or 3 cups oatmeal + 1/2 cup mixed seeds
90 gr. (1 heaping cup) grated coconut
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 to 1 cup dried cranberries (or raisins)
optional: 1/2 cup nutmeats (chopped almonds, walnuts, brazil nuts), 1/4 cup cacao nibs.
1. Preheat oven to 160deg C (325deg F).
2. Line with waxed paper and grease a 20×30 cm (9×12 inch) rectangular pan.
3. In a small pan heat the sugars and honey until the sugars are melted completely, mixing constantly.
4. Combine all the rest of the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
5. Gradually mix in the hot sugar mixture until completely absorbed.
6. Pour the mixture into a pan and press down firmly.
7. Bake in the preheated oven for 35 minutes, then lower temperature to 120C (250 F) and bake 10 min. more.
8. Remove from oven and cool completely. Cut into bars and serve. Store in an airtight container. About 24 bars.