1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup oatmeal
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup butter
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. salt
6 cups sliced fresh peaches (or apples, or a mix of the two, or a fruit of your choice)
2 to 3 tbsp. sugar mixed with 1 tbsp. flour to mix into the prepared fruit
juice of 1/2 lemon
OPTIONAL: 1/4 cup chopped hazelnuts (or walnuts, almonds) for crumble mixture
1. Sprinkle the lemon juice over the fruit.
2. Mix in 2 or 3 tbsp. sugar + 1 tbsp. flour.
3. Spread out the fruit filling into a buttered pan.
4. Combine the dry ingredients and rub in the butter to form a crumbly mixture.
5. Sprinkle the crumble mixture over the fruit. Dot with a little bit of butter.
6. Bake in a preheated 375deg.F (180degC) oven for 45-50 minutes, or until the top is golden and the fruit is bubbling.
7. Serve warm or cold, plain or with cream.