1/2 cup very soft butter (part olive oil ok)
100 ml milk
1/4 cup greek style plain yogurt
1 tsp. salt
2 tbsp. honey
400 gr. stone ground bread flour (Petra good)
2 tsp. granulated yeast
1 tbsp. dried sour dough starter
1 cup cubed cheddar cheese (or more if desired)
1/2 cup drained and chopped green olives
1. Place all the ingredients up to sour dough starter in your bread machine.
2. Regulate to the Brioche setting (# 4 on my machine).
3. Stop machine after 2 hrs. or the second rising. Punch down the dough.
4. Form a ball and cut it in half. Roll each half into a log shape. Cut each log into 4 pieces, then cut each in half again. repeat with other half of the dough. You should have about 16 pieces in all.
5. Now roll each piece into a small “log”. Press about 3 or 4 cubes together with some chopped olives into the dough. Try to envelope the pieces into the dough so they don’t protrude too much.
6. Place the finished rolls on a parchment covered baking pan. Cover with cling film and let rise until almost double (about half an hr.).
7. When risen remove the cling film and brush each roll with an egg beaten together with 1 tsp. water.
8. Bake rolls for 12-15 minutes in a 180deg C (370deg F) preheated oven.
9. Remove them to a cooling rack. Enjoy warm or cold. They freeze well too.