2 cups (250 gr.) all purpose flour (part cornstarch or chestnut flour ok)
1/2 cup (125 gr.) sugar
2 tsp. baking powder + 1 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. lethicin granules
pinch of salt
1 cup (150 ml) water (or almond milk)
3/4 cup (100 ml) fresh orange juice (about 2 oranges)
4 oz. (125 gr.) dark chocolate (70-85%) melted in double boiler and slightly cooled
2 tbsp. vegetable oil (coconut or olive oil)
optional: 1/4 cup chia seeds
1. Whisk together the first 5 ingredients up to salt in a large bowl.
2. Mix in the rest of the ingredients with a mixer on low speed one after the other without over mixing.
3. Pour into a greased, wax paper lined cake pan.
4. Bake in a 375deg F (180deg C) preheated oven for 35-40 minutes until top springs back. Test with a toothpick.
5. Cool in pan for 10 minutes. Turn out the cake onto a serving dish. Dust with powdered sugar.