INGREDIENTS (for four portions)
one duck cut into parts (or two duck breasts)
one organic sliced orange
salt and pepper
a few slices of lean bacon
rosemary, sage and thyme (preferably fresh)
For orange sauce: 1/3 cup fresh orange juice
orange peel (without white part) of one orange
2/3 cups light broth (preferably from neck and giblets)
1-2 tbsp. cornstarch
1. Season duck parts. Place them in a lightly oiled roasting pan.
2. Cover each piece with a slice of orange, bacon and desired herbs.
3. Roast about 1 and 1/2 hrs. in a preheated 350deg F (170deg C) oven or until done.
4. Remove duck parts and keep them warm while preparing the sauce.
5. For sauce add the light broth to the drippings in the pan together with the finely minced orange peel.
6. Boil together for 5 minutes minutes until slightly reduced.
7. Strain resulting sauce into a small saucepan.
8. Mix the cornstarch into 1/4 cup cold water until smooth.
9. Pour cornstarch mixture gradually into the hot sauce while mixing. Simmer over low heat until thickened.
Pour sauce over the duck parts and serve.