INGREDIENTS (4 small portions)
1 turbot (rombo)
400 gr. potatoes (4 medium)
1 garlic clove
1/2 cup white wine
1 cup cherry tomatoes sliced in half
salt and pepper
1. Thoroughly wash and dry turbot.
2. Place garlic clove inside stomach cavity (salt and pepper).
3. Lightly oil the fish and place on an oiled baking pan. Set aside.
4. Slice the peeled potatoes and boil for 3 minutes in lightly salted water. Drain.
5. Cover the fish with overlapping slices of potatoes.
6. Place tomato halves randomly over the potatoes. Salt and paper.
7. Scatter over a few sprigs of the herbs. Drizzle with olive oil.
8. Place in a preheated 180degC (370degF) oven and bake for 15 min.
9. Pour over wine and bake an additional 15 minutes until done.
TO SERVE: Slide off the potatoes and tomatoes to the side. Gently scrape away the dark skin (comes off easily). Cut away the top and bottom fin bones. Continue to filet the fish removing the central fish bone. Serve with the potatoes and tomatoes.
Note: The picture of the turbot is ready to be baked – still raw.