150 gr. all purpose flour
2 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
2 tbsp freshly grated parmigiano cheese plus a little extra for sprinkling
1/4-1/2 cup finely cubed cheese (such as cheddar, Asiago or similar)
2 tbsp. melted butter
100 ml milk
2 medium eggs
fresh parsley (a handful finely chopped)
1. In a large bowl whisk together dry ingredients including cheeses.
2. In a small bowl whisk together eggs and the other wet ingredients including parsley.
3. Quickly mix the wet mixture into the dry ingredients stirring just barely to combine – (don’t overmix).
4. Fill about 12 paper lined muffin tins almost to the top with the prepared batter.
5. Sprinkle tops with a little grated parmigiano cheese.
6. Bake muffins in a 375deg F (180deg C) preheated oven for about 12-15 minutes or until golden. Cool on a wire rack.
7. Serve warm or cold. Delicious the next day reheated on a pan.