1 1/3 cups almond flour or ground almonds
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup powdered sugar
1/2 tsp. baking soda
2/3 cup butter
1/3 cup peanut butter
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup halved pecan pieces
optional: almonds, chocolate pieces
1. Whisk dry ingredients together.
2. Work butter and peanut butter into the dry ingredients (I used a pastry blender)
until well incorporated.
3. Beat eggs slightly and mix into the above until a ball forms.
4. Chill about 1-2 hrs.
5. Preheat oven to 325degrees (165 C). Cover a couple of cookie sheets with waxed paper.
6. Roll dough into 3/4 inch balls. Flatten slightly. Insert pecans to form turtles.
7. Brush with beaten egg and bake about 13-15 minutes or until golden.
Optional: instead of pecans an almond or chocolate piece can be pressed into the center.