INGREDIENTS (4 portions)
300 gr. Carnaroli rice
1 shallot (or small white onion)
light vegetable broth (about 3 quarts), boiling
1/2 glass white wine
2 tbsp. honey
1 tbsp. butter
1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
2 tbsp. olive oil
1 large or 2 small juicy pears
1/2 cup of fresh creamy goat cheese (about 100 gr.)
4 tbsp. grated parmigiano cheese.
salt and pepper to taste
1. Remove skin from pears and cut into small cubes or slice.
2. Melt butter and honey in a small saucepan. Add pears and saute’ a couple of minutes until tender.
3. Mix in the lemon juice and set the pear sauce aside.
4. In the meantime chop the shallot and saute’ it in 2 tbsp. olive oil until soft but not browned.
5. Mix in the rice and toast it while mixing for a couple of minutes without browning.
6. Pour in the white wine and let it evaporate.
7. Now add the boiling broth a couple of cups at a time while stirring.
8. When risotto is almost done (16-18 minutes), mix in the goat cheese and half of the grated cheese.
9. Mix briefly and remove from heat. Mix in half the pears (drained from juice). Serve the risotto with the rest of the pears on top and drizzled with some of the juice too.