INGREDIENTS (12 small or 6 large popovers)
1 and 3/4 cups whole milk
2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp. salt (slightly less)
1/2 tsp. baking powder
3 large eggs
1. Warm up milk in a small saucepan (until barely warm ).
2. Sift dry ingredients together.
3. Beat eggs in a large bowl until fluffy.
4. Gradually beat in the warm milk.
5. Gradually add flour mixture and beat briefly until smooth.
6. Let batter rest at room temperature for about an hour.
7. Grease popover or non stick muffin tins generously with butter.
8. Fill tins almost to the top. Place the pan on top of a cookie sheet.
9. Bake at 450deg.F (230deg C.) for 15 minutes, then at 375deg.F (190deg.C) for an additional 20-25 minutes. Remove popovers when golden brown and carefully remove them from the tins. Serve hot or warm with the strawberry butter if desired (or plain butter).
For strawberry butter: beat 1/2 cup soft butter with 1/4 cup strawberry preserves