100 gr. pistachio meal (finely ground pistachios)*
90 gr. softened butter
80 gr. powdered light brown sugar**
100 gr. all purpose-flour
filling: 75 gr. (small bar) dark chocolate chopped and melted.
*Traditionally these are made with ground hazelnuts or almonds.
**You can grind up your own by grinding brown sugar in your food processor to a powder.
1. Beat sugar and butter together until light and fluffy.
2. Beat in the pistachio meal.
3. Stir in the flour until dough clumps together.
4. Form dough into a ball and cover with cling film. Chill in fridge for 1 hr.
5. Preheat oven to 180deg C (370deg F). Remove dough from fridge.
6. Roll dough into small balls (using a g tsp. as a measure).
7. Place balls on a wax paper lined baking sheet spacing 2 cm apart.
8. Bake 10-14 minutes until slightly firm. Cool completely.
9. Put two cookies together with the melted chocolate. Cool until set.