1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup plain white unsweetened yogurt + 1/4 cup almond milk
1 cup ground pistachios
1/4 cup melted butter + 2 tbsp coconut oil (soft solid state ok)
1/4 cup sugar
3 tbsp honey
pinch of salt
optional (to enrich): 2 tbsp ground flaxseed and/or protein powder
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
optional (for extra lightness): 1 tsp apple cider vinegar (mix in at the end) and chocolate chips if desired (1/4 – 1/2 cup).
1. Beat sugar, honey and egg until fluffy.
2. Whisk together dry ingredients and mix into the above together with the yogurt and coconut milk.
3. Mix in the flour and pistachio meal. (if using, vinegar and chocolate chips)
4. Fill lined cupcake pans 3/4 full. Bake at 375 deg F (180 deg C) for 20-25 mn.
5. Cool and frost with chocolate ganache, sprinkle with chopped pistachios or simply dust the cupcakes with powdered sugar.
Chocolate ganache: Place 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips with 2-3 tbsp cream (veg. ok).
in a small heat proof pan and melt over hot water, mixing until smooth.