1/2 cup butter
1/3 cup coconut oil (at room temperature and creamy in consistency)
1/2 level cup granulated sugar
1 cup flour (I used Kamut flour for half the amount)
1 cup ground pistachio meal (or finely grind unsalted pistachios)
1/2 tsp salt (or 1/4 tsp for a sweeter version. The extra salt gives their uniqueness)
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup powdered sugar for dusting
1. Preheat oven to 375 F (180 C)
2. Beat fats together with the sugar until fluffy.
3. Beat in the vanilla.
4. Mix the flours, pistachio meal and salt together. Stir into the fats and form into a ball.
5. Refrigerate dough for at least 1 hr. or overnight until firmed up.
6. Shape dough into walnut size balls (about 1 inch).
7. Place them 1 inch apart on wax paper covered cookie sheets.
8. Bake until set but not brown about 10-12 min. (They will be very soft)
9. Remove from oven and cool 10 min on the pan. Then remove to a cooling rack with a spatula. Roll in powdered sugar when still slightly warm; then when they are cold.
Store in a tightly covered tin. They keep well for a couple of weeks. Enjoy!