1 and 1/3 cups (about 100 gr.) finely ground pistachios
2/3 cups finely ground almonds
2 and 1/2 tbsp. cornstarch
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/3 cup (75 gr.) melted or very soft vegan butter (or coconut oil)
1/2 cup (80 gr.) powdered sugar
1/2 cup (100 cc.) aquafaba (chickpea liquid – equivalent to 3 egg whites)
few drops green vegetable color if desired
1. Beat the aquafaba until foamy. Gradually beat in the powdered sugar to form stiff peaks. Set aside.
2. Mix together the remaining ingredients. Add a little almond milk if too thick. (add color if using)
3. Carefully fold in the beaten aquafaba mixture into the above prepared batter. Don’t overmix.
3. Fill lightly oiled silicone or cupcake cups 2/3 full with the batter.
4. Bake in a preheated 375deg F (190deg C) oven for 15 minutes or until slightly golden. Turn off heat.
5. Leave in oven for 5 min. then remove to a cooling rack.
6. Serve warm or cold with a sprinkling of powdered sugar if desired.