1 cup pumpkin puree’ (about 1/2 lb. steamed)
1 cup all purpose + 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
pinch of salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 cup brown sugar (firmly packed)
1/3 cup vegetable oil (or part soft butter)
1/2 cup almond milk (or yogurt)
1 tsp vanilla
1/4-1/2 cup chocolate chips
1. Beat butter and sugar until fluffy.
2. Beat in eggs one at a time. Beat in the vanilla.
3. Mix in the pumpkin puree’.
3. Sift the dry ingredients together.
4. Add the dry ingredients alternating with the almond milk.
5. Mix well without over beating.
6. Fold in the chocolate chips.
7. Pour mixture (quite thick) into cupcake paper lined muffin tins.
8. Bake in a 375deg F (180deg C) preheated oven for about 20-25 minutes.
9. Remove to a cooling rack and serve when cooled. Makes about 15 medium muffins.