1 cup pumpkin puree (from steamed or baked pumpkin)
1 large egg
1 cup “Andina” flour or a mix of other flours (wholewheat, spelt, quinoa etc.)
1/2 cup kefir or yogurt
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tbsp. coconut sugar
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
1. Whisk together flour(s), baking powder,soda and salt. Set aside.
2. Blend together the pumpkin puree and kefir (or yogurt).
3. Beat the egg and sugar with a mixer until light and fluffy.
4. Mix the egg and pumpkin mixture together (n.2 and 3).
5. Mix the flour mixture into the above liquid mixture on low setting of mixer.
6. Mix in the apple cider vinegar.
7. Drop large spoonfuls of the batter onto a hot, lightly greased frying pan.
8. Flip over when bubbles form on the pancakes and fry other side.
9. Serve hot with maple syrup if desired.