1 small Hokkaido pumpkin (a firm sweet pumpkin or butternut squash)
1 tbsp butter
1 puff pastry round
1/4 cup maple syrup
optional: cinnamon, toasted and chopped almonds
salt and pepper
1. Quarter the pumpkin and remove the seeds.
2. Slice each quarter into 1/2 inch slices. Peel each slice.
3. Butter a large tart (or pie) pan.
4. Spread the maple syrup evenly over the bottom.
5. Arrange the pumpkin slices evenly in a spiral fashion over the syrup.
6. Sprinkle with salt and pepper (and cinnamon) to taste.
7. Cover the pumpkin with the pastry round tucking in the edges on the inside of the pan. Prick the crust.
8. Bake the tart in a preheated 200deg C. oven for 40 minutes (reduce to 180 C. the last 15min) or until golden and puffed.
9. When done turn the tart over after a couple of minutes to a serving plate. Sprinkle with the almonds. Serve warm.