l/2 lb. (200 gr.) steamed and pureed pumpkin (or squash)
1/4 cup (50 gr.) very soft butter
1/2 cup (80 gr.) sugar (part brown ok)
120 gr. (1 cup + 2 tbsp) cake flour (or regular)
1 tsp.baking powder + 1/2 tsp. baking soda
pinch of salt
1 large egg
1/4 cup yogurt
1/4 cup orange juice
optional: 1/4 cup chopped nuts, 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar (boosts rising power)
1. Beat the butter and sugar until creamy.
2. Beat in the egg and continue beating until fluffy.
3. Mix in the pureed pumpkin.
4. Sift together the dry ingredients.
5. Mix in dry ingredients alternating with the liquids.
6. Beat in the 1 tsp. vinegar and nuts if desired.
7. Spoon mixture into the paper lined muffin cups.
8. Bake at 180deg C (375deg F) for 12-15 minutes or until done.
9. Cool completely and decorate if desired.
TIP: If you decide not to decorate the cupcakes there is a delicious streusel topping you could top with before baking: Rub together 2 tbsp. light brown sugar, 1 tbsp. flour, 1/2 tsp. cinnamon, 1/4 cup chopped pecans and 1 1/2 tbsp. butter to form a crumb-like mixture.