1 1/4 cups flour (part whole wheat good)
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tbsp. sugar
1/2 cup pumpkin puree’
1 cup yogurt or buttermilk
1 tbsp. lemon juice
1. Sift dry ingredients except sugar together. Set aside.
2. Beat egg and sugar until fluffy. Mix in the pumpkin puree’.
3. Mix in the flour mixture alternating with the yogurt. Mix in the lemon juice.
4. Drop mixture by 1/4 cupfuls onto a hot slightly greased pan and fry until golden.
5. Flip over and fry the other side. Serve hot with maple syrup if desired.