INGREDIENTS for 4 servings
260 gr. (1 and 1/2 cups) rice (Carnaroli or Superfine Arborio)
400 gr.(slightly less than 1 lb) pumpkin or squash cut into small cubes
50 gr. (1 tbsp.) butter
3-4 tbsp. grated parmigiano cheese
2 tbsp. olive oil
1 litre (4 cups) boiling vegetable broth (from bouillon cube)
1 and 1/2 tbsp. raw cacao nibs (unsweetened)
1. Saute’ the pumpkin cubes in the olive oil for a few minutes (around 8 min.)
2. Add the rice and continue cooking for a couple of minutes.
3. Add the hot broth gradually.
4. Mix frequently until all the broth is absorbed and the risotto is creamy (about 20 min.).
5. About 3 minutes before risotto is done mix in the parmigiano, butter and 1 tbsp. cacao nibs.
6. Plate risotto in serving bowls and sprinkle remaining cacao nibs over each serving.