9 oz. (260 gr.) steamed pumpkin or butternut squash (raw weight)
1 large egg
2 tbsp honey
1 tsp salt
2 tsp granular yeast or 1 – 1/2 packets dried sourdough starter (San Martino)
3 – 1/2 cups (400 gr.) flour for bread (1/2 whole wheat good)
2 tbsp (30 ml) good extra virgin olive oil (or vegetable oil of your choice)
sesame, cumin or other seeds of your choice for sprinkling on top of rolls
egg wash: beat 1 egg with 1 tbsp milk together
1. Mash the steamed pumpkin and puree’ together with the egg and salt in a blender.
2. Mix in the flour and oil. Knead well until dough loses its stickiness and forms a smooth ball. Cover dough in an oiled bowl and let rise until doubled about 1-1/2 hrs.
3. Punch down dough and knead briefly. Cut into 10 equal pieces.
4. Roll each piece into a ball and place on a wax paper covered baking sheet.
5. Cover rolls with cling film and let rise about 1/2 hr.- 45 min.
6. Brush the rolls with the beaten egg wash and sprinkle with desired seeds.
7. Bake rolls in a preheated 180deg C (350deg F) oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden. Remove from pan and cool them on a wire cooling rack.
SIMILAR RECIPES YOU MIGHT ENJOY :