4 cups (400 gr.) cubed pumpkin or 2 cups puree
1 cup (200 gr.) ricotta cheese
1/2 cup (100 gr.) robiola cheese (or cream cheese)
1/2 cup cream (or sour cream)
1/2 to 3/4 cup sugar
3 tbsp. cornstarch
1 tsp. vanilla extract
a few drops orange extract or grated rind of organic orange
2 oz. (50 gr.) dark chocolate (70 %) melted*
1/2 cup finely crushed digestive biscuits or graham crackers
1/2 cup cup finely crushed amaretti cookies
1/4 cup sugar
4 tbsp. melted butter
*White chocolate works well here too
1. Place all cheesecake ingredients (except chocolate) in a blender and blend until smooth.
2. Combine crust ingredients and press into an 8 or 9 inch springform pan. Chill in fridge.
3. In the meantime melt the chocolate and cool slightly.
4. Remove about 1 – 1/2 cups of cheesecake batter and mix in the melted chocolate.
5. Pour the first cheesecake batter into the crust lined pan. Place dollops of chocolate batter over.
6. With a wide knife swirl the chocolate batter through the lighter batter.
7. Bake the cheesecake at 350deg.F (170deg C) for 50-60 min. or until the top is slightly firm.
8. Turn off heat and leave cheesecake in the slightly opened oven for 15 minutes.
9. Remove and cool. Chill in the fridge.