1 cup 3 color quinoa
1/4 lb. (100 gr.) fresh pork sausage (Luganega)
1 small scallion
4 celery stalks
3 chopped sage leaves
fresh thyme (about a tbsp. of its leaves)
salt and pepper to taste
2 tbsp. olive oil
1/2 cup of pomegranate kernels
Optional: chopped parsley
1. Prepare the quinoa according to package directions (usually 2 parts water to 1 part quinoa). Set aside covered when done.
2. Saute scallion and celery until slightly soft in 2 tbsp. olive oil.
3. Add the crumbled (or in small pieces) sausage and continue cooking until sausage loses its pink color, about 5 minutes.
4. Add the herbs and continue cooking for a couple of minutes more. Salt and pepper.
5. Stir in the prepared quinoa and the pomegranate kernels and serve.