1 1/2 cups all purpose flour*
2/3 cup sugar (or coconut sugar)
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
3 large eggs (separated)
1 1/2 cups ricotta cheese
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 cup coconut oil plus 1/4 cup soft butter
grated rind of a lemon
1 cup fresh raspberries
1. Preheat oven to 350deg F (170deg C).
2. Line a 9″ round pan (with removable rim) with buttered wax paper.
3. Sift flour, baking powder and salt together.
4. Beat the separated egg whites until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
5. Beat separated yolks together with the sugar until fluffy.
6. Whisk in the vanilla, lemon rind and fats into above yolk mixture.
7. Mix in the flour mixture on a low speed. Fold in the egg whites.
8. Carefully fold in the raspberries reserving 1/4 cup for the top.
9. Spread mixture in pan and top with berries. Bake for 50-60 minutes.
Let cake cool 15 minutes before unfolding. Serve warm or cold.
TIP: Sprinkle with powdered sugar shortly before serving.