1/2 large red cabbage (about 400 gr.)
2 medium peeled apples sliced
1 medium red onion or scallion thinly sliced
1-2 tsp. caraway seeds
a knob of butter
salt and pepper to taste
2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
1 tbsp. brown or coconut sugar
1. Thinly slice the red cabbage.
2. Saute’ the onion and cabbage in a little olive oil.
3. After a couple of minutes add the apples and continue cooking over a medium flame.
4. After 5 minutes add the caraway seeds and seasoning. (add a little water if necessary)
5. When the cabbage is crisp/tender create a small opening in the center.
6. Place the sugar, butter and vinegar in this center while stirring until dissolved.
7. Continue stirring into the rest of the cabbage and cook for a couple of more minutes.