- 1 1/2 cups (320 gr.) of rice (Carnaroli or Vialone Nano)
- olive oil and butter
- 1 small chopped onion
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1 medium head of shredded red chicory
- 1 large Granny Smith apple peeled and chopped into small cubes
- 5-6 cups of boiling vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese
- Scraped curls of Raspadura cheese (optional)
- Saute’ the onion in a little oil until wilted.
- Add the rice and toast about a minute while stirring (this coats the rice and prevents subsequent mushiness).
- Add the wine and let it evaporate.
- Add the shredded chicory and sauté for a minute.
- Gradually add the broth mixing constantly in about 4 or 5 additions.
- About half way through cooking time add the chopped apples (that have been in the meantime sautéed separately in a knob of butter until slightly tender).
- Continue adding broth and stirring for a total of 15-20 min.
- Add a knob of butter and the parmesan and mix (risotto should be all’onda – creamy and al’dente).
- If available top with a grating of Raspadura cheese curls. About 4 servings.
Seamless Theme René, made by Altervista