INGREDIENTS for 6 mini quiches
1 roll ready made whole wheat puff pastry
1 medium head of red chicory
1 small scallion thinly sliced.
3 oz. (2-3 slices) of mild pecorino cheese cubed
1/2 cup fresh heavy cream
1 beaten egg
1/2 cup roughly chopped cooked chestnuts
pinch of grated nutmeg
salt and pepper
olive oil for sautéing
1. Unroll the pastry and press out 6 rounds with a large cookie cutter.
2. Fit the rounds into 6 lightly greased mini tart pans.
3. Saute’ the sliced scallion in a little olive oil adding also the sliced chicory.
4. Continue sautéing until the chicory turns limp about 3 min. Salt and pepper. Set aside too cool.
5. Combine the beaten egg with the cream, cubed cheese and cooled chicory. Season with salt, pepper, nutmeg.
6. Fill each pastry lined tart pan with the prepared mixture. Top with the chopped chestnuts.
7. Bake the quiches in a 180deg C (375deg F) preheated oven about 20-25 min. until golden.
8. Cool 10 minutes before removing from the pans.
Red Chicory Mini Quiches fresh out of the oven